Personal identification information
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways in connection with activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. Users may visit our Site anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
Non-personal identification information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
What purposes do we use your personal information?
We use your personal information to:.
- provide products and services to you and to send communications requested by you;
- answer enquiries and provide information or advice about existing and new products or services;
- assess the performance of the website and to improve the operation of the website;
- for the administrative, marketing (including direct marketing), planning, product or service development, quality control, survey and research purposes of Debbie Cooper Real Estate, related bodies corporate, contractors or service providers;
- update our records and keep your contact details up to date
Web browser cookies
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
Where your personal information is transferred outside New Zealand we will ensure the intended recipient has provided appropriate safeguards and that requisite rights and remedies in relation to the personal information remain available, or we will obtain your explicit consent for the transfer.
Management of personal information
We take reasonable steps to securely store your personal information to ensure it is protected from unauthorised access, modification and disclosure, and from other types of misuse, interference and loss. This includes electronic and physical security measures and procedures, staff training and use of password protection software.
We will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your personal information when we no longer require it for any purpose for which it was collected. We may retain your personal information for as long as necessary to comply with any applicable law, for legal, insurance and corporate governance purposes, for the prevention of fraud and to resolve disputes. Your personal information may also be retained in our IT system back-up records.
The transfer of data over the Internet is inherently insecure. We cannot guarantee the security, during transmission, of any personal information provided to us via our websites. Please bear this in mind when transmitting information by this means to us.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above.
We may use and share your personal information with a range of organisations including:
- authorities such as regulators
- government agencies
- courts or the police
- external dispute resolution schemes
- suppliers and services that may be required to administer our relationship with you such as IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, debt collectors
- professional advisors such as lawyers, accountants, financial advisers, bankers and other consultants as it relates to the services provided to you
- comply with laws and regulations, including any New Zealand or overseas laws, rules or regulations
- people of organisations that you expressly give permission to share your personal information with
Links to Other Sites
Correcting your personal information
Under the Privacy Act 2020, you have the right to access and ask us to correct any of your personal information provided to us in connection with your use of this site.
Contact us if:
- you would like to see or change your personal information we have stored, or
- you have any concerns regarding your privacy
- we may require proof of your identity before being able to provide you with any personal information.
Under the Privacy Act, we may be permitted to charge you a reasonable fee for providing access to your personal information. Please note that no fee will be incurred for requesting access, and if your request for access is accepted we will inform you of the fee (if any) that will be payable for providing access if you proceed with your request.
Contact the Privacy Officer at:
If you have a privacy complaint
If you’re not satisfied with our response to any privacy-related concern you may have, you can contact the Privacy Commissioner.
Contact details for the Office of the Privacy Commissioner are:
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
Date: 27 January 2021